Re: Incorrect/deprecated namespace examples

This is a formal response from the XML Core WG to your comments on the
Namespaces in XML 1.1 last call working draft.

If we haven't heard from you by the end of Monday December 9th, we
will assume for the purposes of our planned CR request that you have
no objection to our resolution.

Commenter email address: heikki@netscape.com

> Subject: Incorrect/deprecated namespace examples
>
> 1. Change all examples of "HTML namespace" to XHTML namespace
> (http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml). As far as I know, the "HTML namespace"
> was just a fabrication before the real XHTML namespace was available.
> Not all products will recognize the "HTML namespace".
>
> 2. (X)HTML attributes do not belong into any namespaces. Therefore
> HTML:CLASS should not cause any (X)HTML processing to happen because of
> that attribute. I propose you replace the (X)HTML attribute examples
> with XLink examples (XLink attributes are required to have a prefix).

We have changed the HTML examples to use the XHTML namespace.

Appendix B, which contained the HTML:CLASS example, has been removed.

-- Richard Tobin, Namespaces 1.1 editor