Re: XML 1.1 and Namespaces in XML 1.1, Relative IRI references

This is a formal response from the XML Core WG to your comments on the
Namespaces in XML 1.1 last call working draft.

If we haven't heard from you by the end of Monday December 9th, we
will assume for the purposes of our planned CR request that you have
no objection to our resolution.

Commenter email address: EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp

> Subject: XML 1.1 and Namespaces in XML 1.1
>
> Have you thougt about merging these two specs?

We decided against merging the specs at this time since it would greatly
complicate and delay the publication process.  We agree that a merge
would be a good thing in principle.

> Subject: Relative IRI references
>
> I propose to add the following sentence in the fifth para of Section 1.
>
>   Also note that relative IRI references which are IDENTICAL in
>   this sense may be functionally DIFFERENT when base IRIs are
>   different.

Since the use of relative IRI references as namespace names is
deprecated, we believe it is unnecessary (and potentially confusing)
to discuss this.

-- Richard Tobin, Namespaces 1.1 editor