Cryptography and authentication

From: Anh Dao <ad85504n@stmail.pace.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 16:40:27 -0500
To: <xml-encryption@w3.org>

Hello,

I'm a student from Pace University in Downtown New York City, and a question was raised in my cryptography class on privacy and authenitication.  How would you determine personal information about somebody, e.g. age, weight, height, or the like without having that person tell you, no guesses are allowed and the answer must be correct.  I suppose this is a technique of trying to perform brute force in passwords or some other sense.  Any ideas ?

Thank you

Ann

Sent via Pace University's WebMail system at stmail.pace.edu