Editorial Details before publishing REC

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:23:35 -0500
To: <xml-encryption@w3.org>

As we ready to publish the next version of XENC [1] and the Decryption
Transform [2]:

1. We still have two questionable references.

Is FIPS 197 the correct and stable specification for AES? (Any updates?)
  AES
    NIST FIPS 197: Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).
    November 2001.
    http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips/fips197/fips-197.pdf

CMS-AES version 04 has expired, but we profile it for our purposes. I'm
willing to update this to version 05 if someone can vouch the substantive
bits that we've profiled have not changed.
  CMS-AES
  Use of the Advanced Encryption Algorithm in CMS. J. Schaad
  and R. Housley. Internet-Draft, January 2002.
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-aes-alg-04.txt

2. Has anyone noted any editorial problems with the bits in red in the two
editorial drafts? If not, they will be the final text! <smile/>

[1] http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/Drafts/xmlenc-core/
[2] http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/Drafts/xmlenc-decrypt.html