Re: Decryption Transform processing question

r/reagle@w3.org/2002.05.01/11:09:00
>On Wednesday 01 May 2002 10:52, Ari Kermaier wrote:
>> Y = decryptXML(X, e, C)
>>
>>          where X is a node-set, e is an element node with the type
>>          xenc:EncryptedData in X, and C is a parsing context of X.
>>          Y is a node-set obtained by the following steps:
>>
>> 1.      Decrypt e and replace it with the resulting octet stream
>>          according to the XML Encryption specification [XML-Encryption]
>>          (which may require serializing X).
>
>If e is an elemenote node in X, how am I replacing it with octets? (Also,
>is the serialization *any* serialization, or stil the one in xmldsig?)
>
>> 2.      Wrap the result of Step 2 in the context of C as specified in
>> Text Wrapping (Appendix A).
>
>This is step 2, maybe this should be step one now?
>
>(I'm not disagreeing with these tweaks in the spec; I just don't understand
>them yet! <smile/>)
>
>--
>*Note: I will be attending the W3C AC and WWW2002 meetings from
>May 5-10, and taking holiday from 13-16. I will not be as responsive
>during the former period, and off-line during the latter. I will fully
>respond to  any email as soon as possible  after my return.

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended
for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or
there are any problems please notify the originator immediately.  The
unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden. Baltimore Technologies plc will not be liable for
direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration
of the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any
virus being passed on.

This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept for Content
Security threats, including computer viruses.
http://www.baltimore.com