Re: W3C Encryption Support for DES, RC2, and RC4 Symmetric Encryptio n Algorithms

      Don:

      Not all the missing algorithms are weak ones.  The entire class of
password-based encryption algorithms are not defined.  Admittedly, there's
no reason to make them mandatory to support, nor to define everything in
sight (I've catalogued 15 PKCS#5 or PKCS#12 variants using SHA-1 as their
digest, before AES came out), but a few of them would probably help.  I
would suggest pkcs-12-PBEWithSha1AndTripleDESCBC and
pbeWithSHAAnd3-KeyTripleDES-CC (see PKCS#12 section 6.3) for a start.

            Tom Gindin

Donald Eastlake 3rd <dee3@torque.pothole.com>@w3.org on 06/19/2002 12:14:55
AM

Sent by:    xml-encryption-request@w3.org

To:    "Ahmed, Zahid" <zahid.ahmed@commerceone.com>
cc:    "'reagle@w3.org'" <reagle@w3.org>, "'xml-encryption@w3.org'"
       <xml-encryption@w3.org>, "'blaird@microsoft.com'"
       <blaird@microsoft.com>, Takeshi Imamura/Japan/IBM@IBMJP,
       "Sanfilippo, Joe" <joe.sanfilippo@commerceone.com>
Subject:    Re: W3C Encryption  Support for DES, RC2, and RC4 Symmetric
       Encryptio  n Algorithms

There is already one encryption algorithm in
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-xmldsig-uri-02.txt

I suppose I could add some more.

Donald
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                       dee3@torque.pothole.com
 155 Beaver Street              +1-508-634-2066(h) +1-508-851-8280(w)
 Milford, MA 01757 USA                   Donald.Eastlake@motorola.com