Re: XML decryption transform number 13

On Tuesday 18 June 2002 11:39 am, Ari Kermaier wrote:
> Frankly, I'm not sure how the text in [1] actually helps implementors.

I'd agree, it doesn't help an implementor with respect to how to implement
it. That's supposed to be a feature, though the result should be
interoperable.

> What does "copying" nodes from node-sets X and Y to node-set Z mean --
> aren't X's and Y's nodes in different underlying documents?

Yes. Create a node as defined in [a] akin to that in the existing document
(unless decrypted).

[a] http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#data-model

> It seems that
> what we're trying to do is help implementors fix up the resulting XML
> document, using language that remains consistent with the XPath data
> model. This may be a futile effort.

It is a difficult task, but our critical requirement is to be able to
"decrypt-and-replace". If we can specify it abstractly and still have
interoperable results: good.

What would you like to see Ari? Do you feel the present Candidate RECs are
approriate and we should add necessary warning/limitations text? Do you
have more specific text in mind?