Re: Encrypting the IV - again. Was: Re: nonce length

On Monday 28 January 2002 17:09, Christian Geuer-Pollmann wrote:
> Well, it seems to me that I do not need obvious facts to introduce
> necessary changes into the spec but well-known names ;-((

Hi Christian, I'm not advocating that necessarily, nor that we just need a
reference in order to accept it. In fact, I'm not opposed to encrypting the
IV. I'm just saying that I prefer that *this* WG not take it upon itself to
introduce a "new mode". I'm most comfortable if the issue has
been addressed by others and it's been vetted/discussed/standardized, etc.
That's that.

So, what do others people think? Should we encrypt the IV? (If so, we'll do
it.)