Re: Typos, etc.

http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/Drafts/xmlenc-core/
$Revision: 1.119 $ on $Date: 2002/01/25 20:00:28 $ GMT

On Monday 21 January 2002 06:11, Takeshi Imamura wrote:
> I found some typos, etc. in [1].

Thanks, these are all done in except as noted below.

> 3.6
> The Target attribute is defined as optional, while the same attribute is
> defined as required in XML-Signature.  Is there any intention though I'm
> not sure whether it should be defined as required?

In dsig, particularly as the signature and its data was more likely to be
seperated (and/or there'd be  multiple signatures) I was keen on making the
relationship explicit. I expect less of that here. I could go either way?
Do you prefer we be consistent?

> 4.2
> In step 4.3, how about dividing the 2nd sentence to "The decryptor is NOT
> REQUIRED to perform validation on the serialized XML." and "The decryptor
> is NOT REQUIRED to perform validation on the result of this replacement
> operation.", and moving the 1st one to step 4.2?

But the following sentence, "The application supplies the XML document
context and identifies the EncryptedData element being replaced. " goes
with the replace. Right? I did split the sentence as you suggested, so
please let me know if that helps.