RE: content type decryption clarification?

I think an XML document with only an EncryptedDataElement as the root can
result in a non-well-formed document as follows

By decrypting in place you produce a new document without a root element
This is possible if content was encrypted that did not contain an element as
the outmost part.

I see your point - the original was not well formed either. So this is
another example of moving an XML fragment to produce an non well-formed
document.

---
Frederick Hirsch
Zolera Systems, http://www.zolera.com/