RE: support for signing plaintext and ciphertext

Joe,

Your note below reflects my meaning very well. One point to add is that the
signature allows non-repudiation for the plaintext, as well as validation of
the rest of the signature. Namely,

-- A recipient with the decryption key can validate that the entire message
(including the  encrypted part) was signed
-- A recipient without the decryption key can only validate the
non-encrypted parts of the message.

Best regards,
Amir Herzberg
CTO, NewGenPay Inc.

See demo and lectures/overviews/tutorials on crypto-security for mobile,
e-commerce, etc. in http://www.newgenpay.com/mpay/course/course.html