  From: Thane Plambeck
  To: xml-encryption@w3.org
  Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2001 1:48 PM
  Subject: RE: Attribute encryption & Blair's message

  What's wrong with saying if you want to encrypt an attribute, encrypt the element
  that contains it?  I'm still waiting for a good example why the additional application complexity
  of selective encryption of attributes inside elements is needed; ie, I await an explicit
  response to the questions and response on this topic
   posed in Blair Dillaway's most recent message to this list.

   Thane Plambeck
  tplambeck@verisign.com
  http://www.verisign.com
  650 429 5247 direct, Mt View Office