RE: HW Support and XML Encryption Requirements

>At 12:50 2/22/2001 -0800, Paul Lambert wrote:
>One approach might be to better define the complete algorithm as the
>complete suite of processing.  For example:
>
>   <xenc:EncryptionMethod
> xenc:Algorithm="urn:nist-gov:tripledes-ede-cbc-IV-pad">

However, while I agree, does this support the inter-EncryptedData chaining
described in section 4.5 of [prop3]? (I don't see 4.5 as that compelling a
use case regardless so perhaps someone could speak to that?)

[prop3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-encryption/2000Dec/att-0024/01-XMLEncryption_v01.html#_Toc501424257
5.4 Chaining between EncryptedData Elements
In this example, we show how chaining between two EncryptedData cipher
texts. The EncryptedData "ED1" can be decrypted using the explicit IV and
referenced symmetric key. EncryptedData "ED2" can be decrypted by using the
output from decrypting ED1 as the input IV to "ED2".

__