Re: SOAP and Cacheability

The SOAP 1.2 specifications added features to allow use of
application/soap+xml as a media type with HTTP GET as well as POST;
unfortunately, those features were as far as I know not supported by the
major implementations, and so are not in practice available to users. Had
GET been supported, then HTTP caching should have worked in the normal
manner, and indeed that would be one reason for supporting and using the
feature.

Noah