RE: 202 in current implementation

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Glen Daniels wrote:

> A data point:
>
>> As you mentionned that you know implementations using 202, do
>> you know
>> what is their behaviour when there is an unmet mustUnderstand?
>> (sending back the mU fault instead of a 202, or is it
>> completely hidden)
>
> Apache Axis (and I believe Axis2 as well) sends a MU fault instead of
> the 202.

Thanks Glen!
This behaviour is more in sync with the ROR spirit, than just sending back
a 202, so if we decide to settle on the use of 202 (and I think that it's
where we are heading to), I propose to add this clarification on the mU
fault:
"If a mU fault has to be sent as part of the initial processing of the
request, it should be sent back to the originator instead of using a HTTP
202 return code."

--
Yves Lafon - W3C