Re: Constraints for multicast

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, David Hull wrote:

> This is certainly not the intent of the proposed text.  To take an
> example, if I send email to {dmh@tibco.com, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com},
> that would be two instances of the MEP.  If I send email to
> {xml-dist-app@w3.org}, that would be one instance, just as if I sent to
> {dmh@tibco.com}.  In other words, there is exactly one
> ImmediateDestination per MEP instance, just as the table says.

A mailing list address is far different from a multicast group, in the
case of a ML, you send a message to a kind of "replicator", ie: processing
is done, and you can see it (in the headers). I would recommend strongly
against trying to accomodate multicast and one way unicast in the same MEP.

--
Yves Lafon - W3C