	From: Roger L. Costello [mailto:costello@mitre.org]
	Sent: 02 May 2005 20:08
	To: xml-dist-app@w3.org; 'Roger L. Costello'
	Cc: Martin Gudgin
	Subject: Unable to get Martin Gudgin's XML-->MTOM online
converter tool to work

	Hi Folks,

	I am trying to use the XML-->MTOM online tool that Martin Gudgin
created [1]  but am not having any success.

	I have written a Java program which reads in Martin's test1a.xml
file, embeds it in an HTTP POST message and sends it to his tool.  Below
is the HTTP message that I POST to the tool (base64 data omitted).  Any
ideas on what I am doing wrong?

	POST /dotnet/mtom/mtomecho.ashx HTTP/1.0

	<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
	    <s:Body>
	        <x:Data xmlns:x="http://example.org/mtom/data">
<http://example.org/mtom/data">>
	            --- test 1a.xml base64 data ---
	       </x:Data>
	    </s:Body>
	</s:Envelope>

	Here is the error message I get when I run my Java program:

	java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 400 for
http://martingudgin-2.dsl.easynet.co.uk/dotnet/mtom/mtomecho.ashx

	HTTP 400 indicates a client error.  Apparently, something is
incorrect with my HTTP message, but I do not know what that might be.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

	/Roger

	[1]
http://martingudgin-2.dsl.easynet.co.uk/dotnet/mtom/mtomecho.ashx