Re: [Fwd: Does the SOAP/HTTP binding require a SOAP env in the response]

If we go down this path (as opposed to modifying the existing SOAP HTTP
binding to allow this), this does not prevent WS-Addressing from using
soap request-response MEP and a modified version of the SOAP HTTP
binding to allow request and response go over different HTTP connections.

As stated in the 'suggested answer', there is nothing stopping anyone
from writing a SOAP header spec that modifies the existing SOAP HTTP
binding. WS-Addressing SOAP binding can, if it chooses to do so, modify
the SOAP HTTP binding via its wsa:ReplyTo header to say that when the
value of the wsa:ReplyTo is not 'anonymous', the SOAP HTTP binding is
modified to allow the response to be sent over a different HTTP
connection (to the destination specified by the wsa:ReplyTo header).

-Anish