RE: MTOM/XOP implementations/prototypes and use cases?

Alek:  perhaps these references will help you with details of the process
to which "Gudge" is referring.  [1] is a link to the W3C Process Document,
which describes the operation of W3C workgroups, how technology comes to
W3C, etc.  Within that process document, chapter 7 [2] describes the
phases through which a technology proceeds to "Recommendation" status, and
[3] describes in particular the "Call for Implementations" that
accompanies Candidate Recommendation status.  I hope this will help to
address your concerns.  Note that the "Advisory Committee" to which the
process refers consists of the representatives of the 350 or so W3C member
companies.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2004/02/Process-20040205/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2004/02/Process-20040205/tr.html#Reports