RE: Representation header final proposal

Hi,

for the particular case of the media type of a representation I expect
there to be an attribute like xmime:media-type (found in PASWA) useful
elsewhere, not just in the Representation header. Other metadata can be
handled similarly or in a generic way by using some kind of <Metadata>
element in Representation.

I think a simple <Metadata> structure might be added to the core
Representation header, but then we would have to answer the question of
whether the media type indication uses the Metadata element, the
media-type attribute, or both.

The problem with full HTTP caches is that they require some knowledge of
the request headers, too, and those are not the same kind of metadata of
the representation. Yves's proposal suggested a <context> element
listing the request headers.

I don't think the request headers belong to the core Representation
header.

Again, I have no problem with us producing the extensions necessary for
the Representation header to serve as a full HTTP caching mechanism, as
long as the actual Representation header remains simple.

Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Systinet Corporation
                   http://www.systinet.com/