Re: Start parameter in MIFFY/MTOM

Jean-Jacques,

so your implementation will first blindly accept and buffer an
attachment, then read the rest of the message and do all the necessary
SOAP processing (mU checks etc.) and then it will process the body,
using the pre-buffered attachment? So if I understand correctly, you
stream-in the SOAP Body (with a print job, I presume) and just start
printing using the image. But isn't this amenable to denial-of-service
attacks?

Maybe your implementation has some limit on the size of the background
image and can afford to waste that space if the SOAP processing fails
(and it faults if the pre-SOAP part is too big). Am I right?

OK, I can see the usecase and how it might be implemented, but we must
spell it out quite clearly, if we in fact allow the SOAP part not to be
the first in the MIME package.

Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Systinet Corporation