Re: request to specify schema location explicitly for http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace

Rich,

Although tools should know about it, it is more interoperable to specify
schemaLocation. This is only a hint and tools that already have this
schema locally are free to use the local copy and not go to w3.org for
it. Tools that don't have it can go get it. With it tools work either
way, without it tools that don't know about it fail. I would prefer the
scenario where everything works.

Of course, tools should fall back to resolving the namespace to a
location to see if that holds the schema, but obviously some don't.

Pete