Re: Proposal for generic MTOM format

Mark Nottingham wrote:

> Making MTOM useful as an optimised format outside the scope of SOAP
> would require the following changes:
>
>   - moving MTOM section three into a separate document (suggested
> name: "Binary-Optimized XML Packaging"), and rewriting to be
> SOAP-agnostic.

If we separate out section 3.2 as a part of the separate document which
is not SOAP specific, isn't that the same as XInclude with parse="binary"?
I know there isn't any agreement within the WG regd XInclude, but if we
were to separate xbinc:Include and make it a general XML mechanism, it
sounds like we will be doing XInclude with parse="binary". Is there a
difference (other than the syntax) in what you were suggesting?

Thx.

-Anish