Re: Release plan of Apache Axis C++ version 1.0

That is good news, but I wonder why SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2 are not fully
supported? Also you don't mention MEPs such as one-way and async. Do
you plan to support polymorphism (e.g. Apache Axis map)? Attachments?

Note that gSOAP (SourceForge and soon: Debian) is already stable and
provides more features. It supports both SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2. It
serializes native C and C++ data types as well (including STL and
polymorphism), so no hassle with conversion and/or mappings. Actually,
gSOAP is more XML-centric than SOAP-centric as it provides more generic
compiler-based XML encoding. No offense, but I am just wondering if
this release announcement is not taking us a step back.

- Prof. Robert van Engelen, Florida State University