RE: AFTF requirements, post-2003/02/07 telcon

Sorry to drag this on.

I'm still confused about what you mean.  On the web, resources are
identified by URIs.  Not just by absolute URIs.

I don't understand the point of requirement.  I had though that you meant to
say "Any URIs used to refer to attachment resources must be absolute".  That
is, it's a constraint upon strings that have type URI.  But you are also
saying that you will allow relative resource identifiers in the later part
of your message.

Are you trying to say something like "URI strings of the full range of rfc
2396 are allowed in anything referring to attachment resources, so long as
they can be absolutized.  That is, a relative URI is allowed if there is a
base URI available for the dereferencing application to use".

You know, I think we are violently agreeing.  I think you want to make sure
that the URIs can be absolutized - not that the actual uri string is always
in absolute URI format - and I'm saying that I want the full range of URIs
available to people creating URI strings.  Which I think are almost the same
thing, just worded differently.

Again, it would be really nice if we had a term for a Absolute URI with or
without a fragment identifier - maybe Absolute URI-Reference - then we could
say All URI References must be dereferencable as an Absolute URI-Reference.
Maybe we should feed this feedback into the editor of rfc2396 (Roy).

Cheers,
Dave