RE: What is a SOAP Message

Maybe a good word for the bag of bits that some are calling a message would
be better served being called a representation?  This would show a clean
relationship between the web and web services at the messaging level.  The
TAG's work [1] isn't very far along, but it shows a start.

And if we don't a call a "message" a representation, then we probably ought
to provide some explanation on how a message and a representation relate.
It might be as simple as "A SOAP Message is defined as a representation that
contains a SOAP envelope, binding specific additional data, and has the
application/soap+xml content type".

Cheers,
Dave

http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#representations