RE: AFTF requirements, pre-2003/01/31 telcon

So Martin you want to define a synthetic infoset
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/#intro.synthetic)
for the attachment specification?

At 03:35 PM 2/3/2003 -0500, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:
>John Barton wrote:
>
> > As far as I can tell what Martin is asking for is what
> > we might call a "manifest".  By manifest I mean an XML
> > representation of the package metadata accessible by
> > SOAP processing code.  At one point we considered this
> > in SwA but decided that it would be better layered
> > separate from the package.  Conceptually the manifest
> > allows a software component to preprocess the message
> > for completeness and security independent of the
> > message semantics in the same way that a shipping
> > manifest works on physical goods.  I believe that the
> > ebXML folks had a manifest.
>
>I'm 90% sure that Gudge wants the attachment data as well as metadata
>integrated into the Envelope infoset model.
>
> > If this isn't what Martin meant, then hit delete now ;-)
>
>Uh...
>
> > John.
>
>Noah

>Noah Mendelsohn                              Voice: 1-617-693-4036
>IBM Corporation                                Fax: 1-617-693-8676
>One Rogers Street
>Cambridge, MA 02142

John J. Barton          email:  John_Barton@hpl.hp.com
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/John_Barton/index.htm
MS 1U-17  Hewlett-Packard Labs
1501 Page Mill Road              phone: (650)-236-2888
Palo Alto CA  94304-1126         FAX:   (650)-857-5100