RE: Streaming and Well-Formedness

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Williams, Stuart wrote:

> > Isn't this a perfect use case for attachements? If you know your body will
> > be very long compared to the envelope, then use attachements, of course
> > you need to have a way do do streaming of the attachements, and I'm not
> > sure that a MIME multipart is the best solution here, especially if you
> > have multiple contents to stream simultaneously.
>
> BEEP, BEEP :-)

Then you have multiple channels, but no way to describe a relationship
between them, like in mime multipart, using cid:, the channels will appear
like a request to a globally deferencable URI.
Also there is no mechanism to wait for envelope processing (like mU check)
before asking explicitely for the rest of the body to be sent (a bit like
the 100 Continue of HTTP) (ie: session synchronization).
But I agree that BEEP is better at parallel streaming than other
protocols :)

--
Yves Lafon - W3C