Re: Issue 326: Qualify attributes

At 10:22 AM -0700 9/2/02, Martin Gudgin wrote:
>I raised this issue[1] at last call. The proposal is that we qualify all
>attributes in our spec. This means making the id and ref attribute
>information items qualified. This brings them into line with itemType
>and arraySize ( and mustUnderstand and role ).

Are these global attributes that can be applied to any element,
including those not in the SOAP namespace? If so, this makes sense.

However, if these are local attributes that only apply to elements in
the SOAP namespace, there's no reason to do this. It adds nothing to
their meaning, makes them no easier to recognize, and creates really
ugly code. RDF does this, and it is a big, honking mess that confuses
everyone.

By this reasoning, mustUnderstand should be qualified. I'm not sure
about the rest.