RE: Issue 301: Universal Transport Binding

 I'll leave this to the group to decide. Just a few minor points
to consider:
 1) there is no guarantee that there is more than 'this time' -
the WG is chartered to finish by the end of the year (the current
charter at the website says April 2002, but I think there was an
extension)
 2) SOAP 1.1, while using HTTP, used it to "tunnel" a universal
protocol through HTTP; SOAP 1.2 does not do this (at least the
spec suggests that tunneling should be avoided) so SOAP 1.2 is
limited; now even if we're certain SOAP will continue with
further versions, the development is clear - from a universal
protocol to a web protocol - and a year or more after SOAP 1.2 is
Recommended it will be hard to say "here's a universal protocol
again".
 We may decide to say that SOAP 1.2 by W3C is meant to be a web
protocol and that a universal transport binding is out of scope
and that we will support for example an effort from IETF or other
party to produce a universal transport binding.
 Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Senior Architect, Systinet Corporation
                   http://www.systinet.com/