Re: Proposal for new last call issue: Some unprocessed headers should stay

What I think we are loosing with role="relay" is the ability to
give meaningful/useful names to roles, such as, for example,
"cacheManager".

At the extreme, why not limit the value of the "role" attribute
to either "next", "relay" and "ultimateReceiver"? Isn't the
header itself (QName) sufficient for targetting?

The "relayIfNotProcessed" option preserves the status quo better,
IMO: headers can continue to be targetted via meaningful role
names, with the added option of describing relaying semantics.

Jean-Jacques.