RE: Are gateways SOAP intermediaries?

Mark,

The first question is of course what a gateway is but if we strictly
look at it from a SOAP node perspective, then I don't think the SOAP
spec has much to say about gateways. In general, I think the answer to
your question is no, gateways are not SOAP intermediaries. One could
imagine SOAP intermediaries being underlying protocol gateways but that
is, I think a different question.

Btw, I agree with your proposal:

>P.S. section 2.1 redefines "SOAP intermediary" in the second
>sentence of the first paragraph, differently than in section
>1.4.3.  I suggest it be removed from 2.1.

Henrik