Re: Proposal for various Infosetisms

On Tuesday, Oct 1, 2002, at 11:45 US/Eastern, Martin Gudgin wrote:

>> Our spec says that:
>>
>> <myns:myHeaderBlock xmlns:myns="..."
>> env:mustUnderstand="false">...</myns:myHeaderBlock>
>>
>> should be treated identically to
>>
>> <myns:myHeaderBlock xmlns:myns="...">...</myns:myHeaderBlock>
>>
>> and that an intermediary can remove env:mustUnderstand="false" AIIs
>> from header blocks in messages it forwards.
>
> I think one of the effects of my proposal is to prohibit the above.

Ah, OK I just re-read it - good.

I think my comment still applies to e.g.  env:mustUnderstand="1" vs
env:mustUnderstand="true". You still need canonicalization to get a
signature that will validate following an intermediary switching from
"1" to "true" as we allow - just not quite such a radical
canonicalization.

--
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
XML Technology Center, Sun Microsystems.