RE: array encoding in SOAP

  I agree with Nova.

  Also, if SOAP encoding doesn't provide a way to differentiate one compound
type from other (and expects implementations to depend on some other meta
information such as XML Schema), I am not sure of the reasons behind all the
discussions on compound type and array type etc. in Part II Section 3.1.3. I
guess I am not seeing the purpose of these differentiations if the SOAP
encoding doesn't differentiate these types in some way.

  Also, I am wondering about the reasons behind "itemType" & "arraySize"
attributes. Aren't we kind of saying that it is your (applications) job to
determine something as an array. But, once you have done so, you can use
SOAP specified attributes such as itemType & arraySize for further
processing. I am not sure why we bother with all these if the intention is
to rely upon some other meta information.

Murali