RE: Issue with encodingStyle

The encodingStyle attribute was added in late 1999 in an attempt to
de-emphasize (and arguably deprecate) section 5.  Prior to the
encodingStyle attribute, we MANDATED section 5 EVERYWHERE (emphasis is
important).

As XML Schemas converged on what we needed for a representational type
system and metadata format, the encodingStyle attribute was added to
indicate that pre-XML Schema XML was being used.

DB

SOAP
> processor can provide a richer service when it knows the encoding.
For
> example, many SOAP processors will do a very useful job of mapping to
> programming languages like Java or to ORB-like systems such as .Net.
If