From: Paul Prescod [mailto:paul@prescod.net]
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 5:04 PM
To: Andrew Layman; xml-dist-app@w3.org
Subject: Re: Issue 133: SOAP and Web Architecture: Draft sentences for
HTTP bi nding preamble.

Andrew Layman wrote:

> SOAP does offer a way: Take a SOAP message that is somehow known to be
> idempotent, URL-encode the XML and then send it via HTTP GET.

That is not an option according to the SOAP HTTP binding.

There is no question that there are ways of using SOAP in a manner that
is compatible with web architecure. We all agree on that. The question
is whether the *default SOAP binding* should be completely compatible
with web architecture or not.

 Paul Prescod