One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
02/12/2002 05:37 AM

        To:     Noah Mendelsohn/Cambridge/IBM@Lotus
        cc:     XML Protocol Discussion <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
        Subject:        Re: TBTF: Proposed resolution issue 179

Noah Mendelsohn wrote:

> How about:
>
> ""A binding specification MUST support one or more Message Exchange
> Patterns.  A binding specification MAY state that it supports additional
> features,
> in which case the binding specification MUST provide for maintaining
> state, performing processing, and transmitting information in a manner
> consistent with the specification for those features."
>
> As I mentioned on the call, I think it's MEP's that give you the general
> framework for what to do with a message, where to deliver faults, etc.
I'm
> nervous about discussing what it means to deliver SOAP messages outside
> the context of an MEP.

Fine with me. We might also want to wordsmith:

"As described above, SOAP can be augmented with optional features, (such
as reliable message delivery, request/response MEPs, multicast MEPs,
etc.)."

which appears a little above the paragraph in question. How about:

"As described above, SOAP can be augmented with optional features, (such
as reliable message delivery, additional MEPs, etc.)."

Marc.