From: Tim Ewald [mailto:tjewald@develop.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 7:49 AM
To: 'XMLDISTAPP'
Subject: RE: Issue with encodingStyle

So why not do away with the encodingStyle attribute altogether?

If the assumption is that a SOAP node should be able to process any
legal SOAP message, whether it has artifacts of an encoding or not, why
indicate that they exist. In short, what's the point of having a hint to
say that a message was encoded using a particular encoding style if the
SOAP node is expected to process the message in any case?

Tim-