RE: Issue with soap-rpc:result

I don't think adding yet another way to define data representations is
the answer. No one thinks XML Schema is perfect, yet it is the core type
system that SOAP relies on.  XSD got increasingly baked into the wire as
SOAP progressed, and I think we have gone too far to retract that (not
that I would advocate that anyway).

If someone wants to pitch yet another schema-like language, it should be
taken up by the WSDL WG, not SOAP WG.

To that end, I think that core aspects of the protocol (e.g.,
Envelope/Header/Body, and fault) need to rely on XML Schema and nothing
else.

The reality is, SOAP mandates XML Schema-awareness. WSDL just makes
explicit what we made implicit in SOAP/1.0 and SOAP/1.1.

DB