Re: Who Faulted (was RE: Proposed rewrite of Part 1, section 2 (l ong) )

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:

> I agree with Jacek that it seems problematic to distinguish between node
> and actor. I think we have to be careful with our use of the term "role"
> and "actor" as I don't think the analogy with the silver screen holds.
> There, the term "role" implies that there is an actor and that the actor
> has a name that is different from the role. That is, we can have "Sean
> Connery" (the actor) acting as "James Bond" (the role) and normally we
> distinguish between referring to Sean or to James as they are different
> entities. Furthermore, it is only under certain conditions that "Sean
> Connery" and "James Bond" are the same, "James Bond" could also refer to
> "Roger Moore" and so on.

IMHO, this is no different from our processing model. A SOAP role is a URI
that ultimately designates a piece of software (or a piece of data) residing
on a computer; any Web resource may actually play a role. In certain
situations, a "../JamesBond" SOAP role will be played by a node called
"Sean.Connery.org", and in other situations by a node called
"Roger.Moore.org".