Re: proposal for LC 385

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Hervé Ruellan <ruellan@crf.canon.fr>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 17:17:42 +0100
  • Subject: Re: proposal for LC 385
  • To: David Fallside <fallside@us.ibm.com>
  • CC: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
David Fallside wrote:
> Proposal to resolve issue 385
> (http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-lc-issues#x385). To the Attachment
> Feature document, add a new section 1.2 "Conformance":
>
> This document describes an attachment feature which is an abstract model,
> and conformance is a property of binding specifications that use this
> model, rather than of the model itself. Hence, there are no conformance
> requirements associated with the attachment feature described herein.

David,

I think we can define conformance requirements for binding
specifications or module that implement an attachment feature.

Here is a proposal for taking this into account:

<updated_proposal>
This document describes an attachment feature which is an abstract
model, and conformance is a property of binding specifications <new>or
modules</new> that use this model.

A binding specification or a module using this model is conformant if it
follows all the requirements of this specification (see in particular 6.
Implementation).
</updated_proposal>

Regards,

Hervé