[Repost] Re: Must understand mustUnderstand proposal

[I am reposting on behalf of Henrik and David.]

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 09:55:08 -0700
  • Subject: RE: [Fwd: Must understand mustUnderstand proposal]
  • To: "Jean-Jacques Moreau" <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
  • Cc: "David Fallside" <fallside@us.ibm.com>, "Marc Hadley" <marc.hadley@sun.com>
Is this an issue that we have to deal with as part of the basic protocol
or is it something that applications have to deal with? I would say the
latter and I am not sure I can see what we can do about it without
specific knowledge about the semantics of a header. In other words, I
would say that this is out of scope.

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen
mailto:henrikn@microsoft.com