RE: Correlation parameter in an XMLP Block

Paul et al,

	Yep, I am also in favor of a context assertion, especially for web
services. This, as you describe, would be a "virtual pipe-line" through the
XMLP, between applications.

	The AM specifies the correlationID and where we manifest it physically is a
binding issue. For example for http/SOAP, we might add a <context/> block,
for browsers there might be only the cookies, ...

	On a related note, I can see even the XMLP using the correlationID for some
purposes like reliable messaging et al. So there is a (weak) argument that
the correlation could be meaningful for the XMLP layer as well.

	Your question about a "conduit" from the XMLP layer to the application is
interesting. I had similar discussions at the ebXML TRP.

	The question I had was, if we have a scheme to sign/encrypt the headers and
if the XMLP layer unpacks the message, the application above will not be
able to get to the certificates (for identification & authentication
purposes) and signatures. XMLP captures this context (related to the
underlying layers) in the BindingContext. I assume any application specific
context would be in the message.

	cheers