Re: Announce: A Busy Developer's Guide to SOAP 1.1

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik@pythonware.com> writes:

> Ken wrote:
> > Reworded, this is not merely a "simple" subset of SOAP, but one that
> > particularly favors one vendor's product.
>
> It also fits well with Python's soaplib.py approach (dynamically
> typed, with all elements mapped to native objects).  And probably
> every other language that has a "just-do-it" XML-RPC binding...

"Can do" only approximates "fits well".  For example, some other
subset of SOAP would allow you use features of Python not directly
found in Frontier, whilst still being simple and interoperable.

> (but I'm sure you'll find some way to attack us too...)

Attack whom?  Python?  Implementations could just as easily support
Python's pickle format too, but would you not say that the pickle
format favors Python?

  -- Ken