Re: Addressing within envelope or binding-specific?

Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com wrote:

> Jean-Jacque Moreau suggests:
>
> >> not just allocate a service URI to the
> >> endpoint/receiver, but also allocate one
> >> to the sender
>
> Maybe, but I think there may be situations in which a sender doesn't in
> any useful sense know its own name, but in which the binding knows the
> return path implicitly.  As we have seen on the web with NAT and other
> protocols, not all clients have useful IP addresses or DNS names, for
> example.  I think it should be possible to send an XMLP request/response
> from these.  Of course, you could fake out a return address, but the point
> is that in certain cases it really is the binding and underlying transport
> that do the correlation and routing.

Maybe implicitely behind my suggestion was the possibility that we might do
response dispatching (on the client), and not just request dispatching (on the
server), through processors/handlers. This would make the whole architecture
more symmetric.

Jean-Jacques.