RE: Abstract Model contribution for module processing and also fo r attachments

Hi Mark,

Firstly, I've added you the my mailing list of subgroup members so you'll
get any postings.

The module processing model that you propose looks interesting. I've got a
couple of questions:

1) How does the term 'module application' relate to the terms 'XML protocol
application' and 'XML protocol handler'?

2) I can see how what you propose give us an algebraic way for expressing
structure like those shown in Fig 5.2[1]. Have you any thoughts on
constraints on parallel processing? eg. practically I think it hard to
imagine a parallel construct extending over multiple intermediaries.

3) You mention the possibility that module processing might generate a fault
(Concept list #3). Have you any thought on fault propagation? Do they
terminate the processing of a message? Do they feed-forward toward the
intended recipient of the processed message or do they get returned toward
the originator of the message?

4) Does the syntactic ordering of 'result' blocks inserted into a message
have any significance and is there a need to model that?

On the attachment model in the second part of the document:

1) In concepts item 2 would it be clearer to refer to message context rather
than processing context?

Best regards and many thanks,

Stuart

[1]