Re: [AMG] Other message patterns

Randy Waldrop wrote:

> The Abstract Model does a good job of describing the following
> messaging patterns:
> - one-way (fire-and-forget), and
> - request/response one-for-one.
>
> But I don't see that it covers some of the other patterns that
> are required in our model. For example:
> - single request, a fixed nubler of responses.
> - single request, zero-to-N responses (publish/subscribe).
>
> Am I missing something, or should the model be expanded to cover
> these patterns?

I think the model covers it implicitly, but yes, it should be expanded to cover
it explicitly.

I think that a request/indication should be followable by zero-to-N
response/confirm(s) (and the "fixed number" case could be considered a special
case of the arbitrary case, so both would be covered.)   The UnitData primitives
should be used only when no response is allowed.

--
Ray Denenberg
Library of Congress