Re: Fault code .extension mechanism

Jacek,

I agree with your issues. I like the idea of fault code extensibility,
but I don't like the current way of doing it in SOAP.

What I would like to have in SOAP is some sort of hierarchy of fault
codes which can be specified in an XML way.
One way of doing it would be to allow the faultcode element to contain
another faultcode element to give more precise information about it.
In this way, we could have:
<faultcode>
	Client
	<faultcode>
		Authentication
	</faultcode>
</faultcode>

or even:
<faultcode>
	Client
	<faultcode>
		Authentication
		<faultcode>
			Expired
		</faultcode>
	</faultcode>
</faultcode>

This would allow an application to find easily the most precise
faultcode it understand.

Hervé.