RE: Removal (Time for XMail?)

> From: cagle@olywa.net [mailto:cagle@olywa.net]
> [...]
> Yeah, that's a definite benefit I see as well. While we're at it, this
> brings us back to the whole issue of MIME, and the
> complexities that MIME
> introduces. I can see with a SOAP message the ability to not
> only carry
> relevant MIME data (as a CDATA section, for instance) but
> also to provide
> meta-tag information in the form of RDF blocks that could be
> easily queried
> from an XML parser.

Interestingly, though, SOAP (and similar efforts, such as ebXML) seem to be
moving in the opposite direction -- i.e. embracing MIME as a mechanism for
sending "attachments" with XML messages, rather than embedding them in XML
as base64 encoded CDATA. The attachments are referenced via content-id URLs.