Re: XP Service URIs

"David E. Cleary" wrote:

> > Confused - the service URI will most likely *not* be the XMLNS of the
> > message/modules...
>
> I believe it will/should be. Why name a single entity with two different
> names?

Well, precisely, I don't think there is a single entity.

On the one hand, there is a "service"/endpoint know by (at least) one URI.
That URI may vary over time, as the service is enhanced, taken over by some
new company, or moved to a different host (we don't have URN's yet, have
we?), etc. In any case, the URI uniquely identifies the service, the port,
the endpoint (or whatever we wan to call it) that we can send a request to,
and get a response from (hopefully).

On the other hand, there is the "data" that we send TO the service -to the
URI where the service leaves. The data may well use namespaces for clarity
and unambiguity, but the data's namespace in itself is NOT, in my view, the
service's URI. It serves a different purpose, that of encapsulating the data
within the request, and hence is semantically different from the service's
URI.

Jean-Jacques.